Friday, April 1, 2011

We found ourselves a rock

UD has always wanted a large rock in the yard to plant flowers around.  Since we moved up from MA we have made it a goal.  I know, we have incredibly lofty goals.  Passing a construction site, we saw many many large rocks.  The workers couldn't have been more friendly, and told us to pick out which one we wanted.   They gave it to us for free and delivered it also.  So nice!

Here's how it went.







And then Mother Nature pulled a nasty April fools joke on us.  And now the rock is covered in snow.  Oil well... (as Popeye would say), there is always tomorrow.



7 comments:

  1. Sister, you're making having a rock in your yard seem so cool! I want a rock now. Love your new blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sister! I think I have a new hobby. Either that or I am in the honeymoon phase also. Thanks for the inspiration! I wouldn't have done it otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great story! That was nice of them to deliver the rock for you!

    Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Paul! I hope you can see it in person sometime soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Rocky Coast. My husband and I go to one spot or another every year. That was really sweet of them to deliver the rock.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Vicky. And thanks for being a follower. I feel very famous now. I think this is my 15 minutes of fame. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the rock!! I am sure by the time I see it in person it will be surrounded by flowers and look amazing. Enjoy the good weather.

    ReplyDelete