Wednesday, April 27, 2011

On Going Side Notes

A follow up on the post "Helpful Cooking Info From Various Sources"

I tried the Rustichella brand of pappardelle and loved it.  I have not tried the De Cecco brand yet, but I have a comment on the packaging of both.  Italian food is by far my favorite food.  It warms my heart and soul.  A day without pasta..., well it stinks.  I love to twirl the pasta on my fork and eat it while it is steaming hot.  So I usually tend towards the long pastas, like pappardelle.  I received the Rustichella brand first and it was packaged as 3 perfect nests of pasta per box.  There was nary a broken strand to be found.  When I received the De Cecco pappardelle, there were so many bits of broken pasta in the box, I thought I was looking at a box of lasagna that UD mistakenly stepped on.  Needless to say I tried the Rustichella first, and as I said, I loved it.  I now have a tude towards the De Cecco brand, so it may be a while before I put it to the taste test.  More later.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sister E and nephew J kindly set aside 3 plants for me from the friendly gardener they met in Reading.  They even potted them for me, which I really appreciate.  In order are an Iris, Columbine and Salvia.  I can't wait to see their progress.


While we were out today, we bought some New Guinea Impatiens.  They are not ready to be planted outside, but they were in such perfect condition, that we decided to by them now, rather than wait.   We will keep them in the house or garage during the night, and put them back outside during the day, until they are ready to plant around The Rock.


 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Another side note was suggested by Sister A.  She mentioned that she had always kept her toaster on her counter top, but had a change of heart while visiting with us.  She said that when she came to visit, she noticed that we kept the toaster in the pantry/cabinet.  That was a year ago, and since then she has been storing it in the same manner.  She thought I should spread the word, so here you are Sister A.


A bientot!  See you soon.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the potpourri of information, NSHHTU! It is interesting and it's an added bonus to read nice things about one's self and one's children! I can't picture what that pasta looks like, though I know I've heard about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The definition of pappardelle is a very broad fettuccini noodle. I bet it would be a hit in THBTOH.

    ReplyDelete