Saturday, April 30, 2011

Come On Summer - King Crab Legs, Grilled Fries and Corn On The Cob

King Crab Legs are very similar to lobster in taste.  I think they are a little sweeter and a little easier to eat.  Now don't go judging me.  I still LOVE lobster.  And you will be seeing many posts with variations on lobster as the summer gets under way.  But for now, I am loving me some KCL!

My darling friend M usually prepares the KCL, but since she isn't here on The Rocky Coast at the moment, I took instruction from her and did it myself.  Start by putting a pan of water on your oven's lowest rack.  This will help steam the KCLs right in the oven.  Place the King Crab Legs on a tin foil lined baking tray and bake at 350 degrees for approximately 20 minutes. 
 

Normally I would do oven baked fries, but that has to be at a temperature of 450 degrees.  Since the KCLs were going to be at 350 degrees, we decided to "grill" the fries.  I used fingerling potatoes and sliced them in wedges.  I coated them with EVOO and sprinkled with Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper.  I placed them in tin foil that I had sprayed with PAM, and wrapped them up and sealed them well.  UD put them on the grill, at a high temperature, for about 30 minutes, turning once halfway through


The corn on the cob has been sensational this Spring, and these were the best so far!


UD thought it would be helpful to show you the utensils needed for this meal.
Way to go UD!
 

The grilled fries were slightly browned and so tender inside.  They were delicious.


The King Crab Legs were scrumptious and we devoured every morsel.


Corn on the cob ...  Nuff said?


Profitez!  Enjoy!

A bientot!  See you soon.

1 comment:

  1. Your nephew J says that the king crab legs look delicious and he'd like to try them, and I second the motion! The whole meal looks great and I am impressed with you people up there on the R.C.

    ReplyDelete