Saturday, April 9, 2011

Happy Journey To The Supermarket

When I think about getting old and not being able to get around very well, one of the things I think I will miss most about being independent is going to the supermarket.  I am sure that is a strange thought to so many people I know, but I have to assume that there are many other people that feel the same way.  When you go to the supermarket, there are so many options for so many terrific meals and snacks.  I think it is inspiring.  And I feel like a kid in a candy shop.  And when I can make an occasional trip to Wholefoods, watch out!  Then I am like a kid at FAO Schwarz.

And with Spring comes corn on the cob.  UD and I had it last week, and it tasted like it was grown right here on the Rocky Coast.  I don't know if it is from Florida or California, or some other warm state, but boy am I glad it was shipped here.


And with Spring comes beautiful flowers.  In this instance who needs the flower show?  Just go to Hannaford.


In a previous post I mentioned McCormack grinders.  Here is an example of all you have to choose from.   I picked up two of the cinnamon sugar for Sisters N and E.

3 comments:

  1. Sister, I love this post and it leaves me wanting more! I'd love to hear about a typical shopping trip -- do you bring a list, how do you decide what to buy, what do you avoid, etc. Just a suggestion from a faithful reader. Also, I like the celebrity cameo -- a comment from UD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sister. I will take your suggestion under close consideration, as I do with all my other followers requests. ;) Come to think of it, this is my only request. Okay, I will do it.

    ReplyDelete