Friday, September 30, 2011

Simple Can Be Good

Many times I don't blog our dinners, because they are just sort of simple and seemingly boring.  The dinner may include reaching into the freezer and pulling out some frozen vegetables.  And it may include some buttered egg noodles.  And it may just be chicken on the grill.  Okay, so that was dinner last night.

Frozen Green Giant green beans in the steam bag.  I have to say they are delicious and good for you.  And the crunch of the almonds can't be beat.


The egg noodles were boiled per the package directions in very salty water.


I drained them and put the last of the chive and parsley compound butter into the pot, along with another tablespoon of butter and a small handful of freshly chopped parsley.  You are supposed to add just a small amount of sour cream also, but I didn't have any.  So I put a splash of cream instead.


I put the noodles back in the pot and mixed it all up.


The butter and cream added a nice flavor to the noodles, and kept them from sticking.  I think the sour cream will be even better.  I will try that next time.  But this was very good.


UD brought in the chicken.  Perfectly cooked of course.  It had been marinated in a light raspberry dressing, the Newman's Own that I have mentioned before.


We put a couple of TV trays in the living room and put our plates together.  It's our house.  We can do what we want, right?  We watched Dancing with the Stars and enjoyed a nice easy evening.


I may think of simple as being boring, but it can be really good.


A bientot!  See you soon.

1 comment:

  1. Sister, you are speaking a language I can understand, as can many others. I am relieved to see that Green Giant green beans and packaged noodles are things you use at times. You may think this post is uninteresting, but remember that many of us are waaaay new to cooking, and to me at least, this is a helpful post. Thanks for slumming with us!

    ReplyDelete