Thursday, September 29, 2011

More Crumble For The Gs

UD is heading to Old Cape Cod again, for another golf weekend with his cronies.  As he did the last time, he will stay with the Gs the night before they leave for the Cape.  That calls for another crumble.  This time, I am going with the Nectarine, Plum and Blackberry version.  I hope you are not sick of them yet R and D.

The difference between this one, and the previous one I sent down with UD, is the fruit.  In this I am using 4 nectarines, 2 plums and 2 cups of blackberries.  Everything is the same except for the fruit, and the size of the baking dish I used.


I roughly cut the nectarines and plums into 1/2 inch slices of fruit.



I sprinkled a half of a cup of sugar and a tablespoon of flour over the nectarine and plum slices.


Then mixed them all together.


Then I added the blackberries.


And I gently mixed those in.


The recipe calls for and 8 x 8 inch buttered baking dish, but when I saw the amount of fruit, I decided to use a 9 x 9 inch dish.  I am really glad I did.


I dotted the fruit with 2 tablespoons of chilled cut up butter.


Then I covered it with the same topping as the last time.


I hope it tastes good, because this was my first time with these fruits.  Since they are friends, I know they will overlook any mishaps.


Bon Appetit Gs!


A bientot!  See you soon.



1 comment:

  1. Sister, this looks like a delicious combination of fruits, and I think the Gs will love it. The topping looks delicious as well. You have the same baking dish as me!

    ReplyDelete