Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Spaghetti Squash

I have had this wonderful spaghetti squash for a couple of weeks now, and I am ready to use it.  I decided to make it simple and saute it with garlic and parsley.  Everything tastes delicious with g and p, nes cafe?  Then I will sprinkle it with more parsley and some grated parmigiano reggiano.  Lovely.


We visited Wholefoods the other day, and picked up some of their sweet Italian sausage.  They are fantastic.  Trust me, you won't be disappointed.  I also had three stray potatoes staring at me from the bowl on the counter.  I had to use them, and I felt a plan forming in my hot little head.  Well, the A/C was on, so I wasn't really hot.


I chopped the parsley and grated the cheese.  Then I filled a small side dish with a combo of the two.


So let's start with the super cool spaghetti squash.  I cooked it in a 400 degree oven for 1 hour.  I removed it and let it cool.  Then I cut it in half and scooped out the seeds.  Then I took a fork and removed the spaghetti strands little by little.  I apologize for not having a picture of that.  But picture the seeds you see below all cleaned out.  Then you simply take a fork and scrape from top to bottom.  They come out really easily.  If they are not coming out easily, put it back in the oven for another 15 minutes or so.


Heat a pan with EVOO and a tablespoon of butter.


Toast some garlic over medium high heat, and remove it when golden.


Add the chopped parsley.


Plop the lucious strands of spaghetti into the pan with the oil and parsley.


Saute for about 2 minutes, or until nicely warmed.


Now for the trio of potatoes.  I cut them into small pieces and coated them with EVOO, Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.  I placed them on a heavy duty piece of tin foil that I had coated with PAM cooking spray.


Wrap it up tightly and place it on the grill for 40-50 minutes, depending on the temperature of the grill.



YUM!

YUM!
AND YUM!

If it were up to UD, I would sprinkle everything with the grated parm, but I only lavished it on the squash.  It was delicious and it was very much appreciated.  Thank you to our Rocky Coast vacationers, who brought it our way.  Merci Beaucoup!


A bientot!  See you soon.




2 comments:

  1. Great use of miscellaneous food items you had on hand, Sister! That looks like a delicious dinner.

    I am confused about the garlic. After you took it out of the pan, did you use it again, or did it just impart its flavor to the oil?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I just like the garlic to infuse the oil with it's flavor. Some people prefer to chop it and keep it in, but I like the more subtle flavor.

    ReplyDelete