Saturday, July 30, 2011

Julia Child Was A Wise Woman

The corn on the grill took a turn.  For the better, in my opinion.  We started out thinking we were going to grill the corn with the husks on.  It is my understanding that the steps you take towards that end, are as follows:

1.  Pull the husks down about halfway,
B.  Remove the silks,
3.  Pull the husks back up,
D.  Soak the corn in water for 20 minutes, and
5.  Place on the grill for 15-20 minutes.


This is where I started.  I pulled the husk halfway down on the first ear of corn. Then I laboriously removed the silks.  Well, my fine friends, I must admit, that this is also where I ended.  Mon Dieu! Who wants to bother with all that baloney?



So I removed everything!


I put a very small amount of canola oil on the corn.  Just so it would brown a little bit. Then UD put the corn right on the grill rack over medium high heat, and rotated it periodically for 7 or 8 minutes.  He brought it in, and I slathered it with the Herb butter.  It was so delicious, and so much simpler.


He had also grilled a beef tenderloin.  I put some of the Herb butter on the tenderloin, and it rested for about 10 minutes while UD cooked the corn.  While it was resting, the butter was melting over the tenderloin, ever so nicely. 

Side note:  You may want to avoid serving this meal to your doctor, or any local heart surgeons.  I am pretty sure they would frown on this meal.


We had wonderful Herbs and buttery goodness all over the tenderloin.  I added a salad, and we called it a day.


If I may quote Julia Child yet again, "Fat gives things flavor".  Oy vey, was she right!



A bientot!  See you soon


1 comment:

  1. I will avoid telling any of my heart surgeon friends about this meal, and if they do find out about it, I will throw Julia Child's words in their faces. Thank you, Sister, for showing your readers how to make a delicious meal and daring to let us feel good about it!

    ReplyDelete