Monday, July 18, 2011

It's The Little Things, Nes Cafe?

I love summer for lots of reasons, but a big one is because the farm stands open up.  I LOVE them!  This is the place I go to on the Rocky Coast.  It is called Brown's Farm Stand.  This is the first year they have had a little building.  Before this was a lean-to type stand with produce under a tarp that was erected to keep the elements away.  This building is very nice.  The neon sign blows my mind a little bit, but what the heck?




The little red potatoes looked really good, so I decided to make Herb roasted red potatoes.  So simple, and very delicious.


I washed them and let them dry.


Along with some Herbs.  Parsley, rosemary and thyme to be exact.  I still get excited every time I get to use my Herb garden.  It is the little things, nes cafe?



I chop them up roughly.  This will make the potatoes look nice and rustic.  Except for the rosemary.  That has a sort of "branchy" texture, so I always mince it pretty fine.


I cut the potatoes into 1 inch pieces.


Put them in a mixing bowl with salt, pepper and EVOO.  And of course the Herbs.  Mix it all up good.


Spill them out onto a foil lined baking sheet.


Cook them at 425 degrees for 20 minutes.  Then pull them out of the oven for a minute, and flip them around with a spatula.  Cook for another 15 minutes.


They will come out golden brown and delicious.


We actually snacked on these while hanging out on the deck for a while. It was so relaxing, and so much better than snacking on potato chips. The leftovers will be wonderful too. Maybe a kicked up potato and egg for breakfast soon.




A bientot!  See you soon.





1 comment:

  1. Wow, you people are impressive with your fancy, healthy snacks! It looks delicious, and I love the farm stand. I will just pretend there's no neon sign whatsoever. Thanks for another interesting post!

    ReplyDelete