Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Leave My Herbs Alone Irene... Oh, and the Putt Putt Too!

Well we got caught up in the Irene hype here on the Rocky Coast.  I am hoping it is just because it is the first time we have lived on the coast during a hurricane/tropical storm warning/watch.  But in our defense, we are firm believers that it is better to be safe than sorry. 

My biggest concern was the Herbs.  I can't tell you how I love them.  But I do. 

The basil and thyme are nice and light, so they went under the deck.


The rosemary is in a heavy cement pot, so UD placed that in a safe corner of the yard, not too far from it's home.


The parsley and chives are probably what I use most, so they were put in a very accessible spot.  The garage.  Oh, and the Putt Putt too.  Along with some stuff off the deck and out of the yard.  As I said, better safe than sorry! 


Actually, the next day we were just a little sorry.  Not that the storm was a bust, but that we had a lot of lugging to do, to get the deck and yard back in order.  Oil well ....

A bientot!  See you soon.




1 comment:

  1. Sister, you and UD are like a Girl Scout and Boy Scout up there, cheerful and prepared. You take such good care of your Herbs, it's no wonder they look so good. Your garage looks clean and ready to receive the hurricane refugees. Nice job, people!

    ReplyDelete