Thursday, August 18, 2011

Parmesan Crisps

I have seen parmesan crisps done on the Food Network a few times.  They looked fairly easy, and very yummy, so I decided to give them a try.  I went to the Food Network website and looked at the various people who have recipes for them.  Most cooked them at a very high temperature.  But I noticed that Alton brown did them at 300 degrees, and he is a little more scientific about cooking.  I decided to give his recipe a try. 

First I grated the cheese on the small grate side of a box grater.  Most reviews for this recipe said that it worked much better with freshly grated cheese.  That is what I did, and they turned out very well.


My last open chunk of cheese yielded about 1/2 a cup.


Which made six nicely sized portions of crisps-to-be.  I lined the baking sheet with parchment paper, and sprayed it with Pam cooking spray.  I used a tablespoon to measure them out, and then flattened them and spread them just a little, as my man Alton Brown suggested.
  

The recipe said to cook them at 300 degrees for 5 or 6 minutes, or until they were golden brown.  These actually took about 12 minutes.  I am sure it varies from oven to oven.


They were very crisp.


And very delicious!


Next time I am going to experiment with adding some chopped Herbs.  Depending on what Herbs you use, these would be terrific to serve with chicken soup or a nice pasta dish.


A bientot!  See you soon.




1 comment:

  1. I have never seen or heard of Parmesan crisps. What a neat idea! I think you're right that they'd be good served with soup or pasta, and I think they'd be a nice snack to send to school too. Thank you, Sister!

    ReplyDelete