Monday, August 15, 2011

It's Friday Night Somewhere

When Sister E and the crew came to visit during their vacation in Maine, they brought a bounty of fresh produce for us.  They picked up blueberries, cucumbers and summer squash, from a farm stand they passed on the way.


I am really excited to use the spaghetti squash and the cucumbers, but today is all about the blueberry.  Again.

I have done enough baking with blueberries lately, so I decided to go another route.  A Blueberry Daiquiri.  Why not?  It's Friday night somewhere!

You will need:
1 cup of blueberries
2 shots (1.5 ounces each) of white rum
2 tablespoons of fresh lime juice
2 teaspoons of granulated sugar

You will also need a blender, two chilled glasses and a shot glass.


This is my Elvis Presley shot glass. My friend D gave it to me years ago, and I love it. She and I share a love for the Big E.


Put 2 cups of ice into the blender and blend it into crushed ice.


Add the rest of the ingredients over the crushed ice, and whirrr away!

Sprinkle with a few fresh blueberries and enjoy!


 

A bientot!  See you soon.

 

2 comments:

  1. It was great to meet both of you as well. Loved the photo and those drinks look delicious. We thoroughly enjoyed our vacation in Maine and had those lobster rolls at your restaurant which were really good. We'll be back next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Sister, I would never have known/thought you could make a drink from fresh blueberries! There you go again, pushing back the boundaries of your blog with a new creation!

    ReplyDelete