Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The Potential Of Spring

The potential of Spring.  It is the unidentified something in the air that drives us to do things we normally aren't willing to do.  We are willing to go underneath our decks, which are yucky, muddy and soon-to-be-spidery, in order to pull out flower pots and various yard decorations.  We are willing to kneel on wet ground and plant flowers and herbs until our knees hurt so much we can barely stand up.

Side Note:  I recently heard that in England they pronounce herbs, Herbs, so I am going to use that pronunciation from now on, in honor of the Royal Wedding this past month.  Join me, won't you?

But it also brings us such hope!  Like hoping the Herbs take, and the frost doesn't get them, so you can make your first Compound Herb Butter, with Parsley, Rosemary and Thyme.  Sorry Sage.

Any who, we started all that and had a wonderful time doing it.  
As did Stella.


And Frankie.


The rock has been introduced to the first of it's neighboring flowers. On this side you can just barely make out the Columbine that was brought up from a small town in Eastern MA.


In the center of the rock, you will see the one leaf Iris that was given to me by the lovely blogger at THBTOH.  www.housebehindtheotherhouses.blogspot.com


The pot by the signs was planted with pansies.



New Guinea Impatiens (bright pink) were planted as well.


The Hosta garden was meticulously weeded by UD.
And now the Hostas are bounding out of the ground, under the careful watch of a very large cement toad and a smaller one atop his head.


We  have more to do, and we are anxious to get out there again.  Come on sunshine and warm weather.


A bientot!  See you soon.

2 comments:

  1. Sister, as usual I laughed out loud when I read your post (this time when you asked us to join you in calling herbs, Herbs, which by the way, I may just do). Also, thanks for the shout-out! I feel I must remind you that I live in a small city in Eastern Massachusetts, rather than a small town, as lovely as that also would be. Please give my compliments to UD for that attractively weed-free hosta bed! I am looking forward to your next post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you may join me! I think Herb is much more sophisticated, nes cafe? I am sorry about the town v city reference. I will be ultra aware in the future. Thanks for the uplifting comments, as usual.

    ReplyDelete