Friday, November 18, 2011

Potato and Eggs With Regis and Kelly

Today is the end of an era.  Regis Philbin is "moving on", which means he is leaving Live With Regis And Kelly.  I have been a big fan of the show for many years.  It is a show that makes us smile, and what a way to start the day.  UD and I decided we needed to mark the event with something special for breakfast.  Potato and Eggs got the nod.  Nothing elegant, but we love it, and it makes us smile as well.

3 large Idaho potatoes
1 large onion
3 large carrots
9 eggs

There are egg whites pictured here, but at the last minute UD went to the store and got more eggs.  Thanks UD.


This is what I did the night before the big event.  Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.  Once it reaches temperature, put the unseasoned potatoes in the center of the oven for 1 hour.  Meanwhile, place thickly sliced onions and cut up carrots on a foil lined cookie sheet.  Coat with oil, salt and pepper.  Toss around and place in the lower part of the oven.  The carrot and onion can be replaced with any veggies you might prefer.  Broccoli, mushrooms, anything you like.


Roast for 15-20 minutes, turn and roast for another 15 minutes.


Once everything is cooked, let it cool.  Then wrap and place in the fridge until the morning.


See you in the morning.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh my goodness!  The big day is here!  I wonder what Regis and Kelly are having for breakfast.

Let's get started with the potato and egg.  Dice the onion and carrots, then peel and cube the potatoes.


Crack and lightly scramble the eggs.  Also add some salt and mix it in.


Preheat a pan over medium heat.  Then add some oil.  When it is hot, add the potatoes and season well.  Let them sit for 10 minutes or so and then stir them around.  if you need more oil or seasoning, add it here.  Keep heating until the potatoes are nice and hot and taste yummy even on their own.


Turn the heat up to medium high.  Then add the carrots and onion.


And continue cooking until everything is hot and starting to get nicely browned.


Add the eggs.


Stir everything together.


Remember to season as you go, and taste all along the way.  When everything is hot and tasty, serve it up!

I like it plain and simple.


With an ice cold diet Pepsi.


UD prefers it with ketchup and hot sauce.


And a hot cup of coffee.


Farewell Regis!  We will miss you.




A bientot!  See you soon.




1 comment:

  1. Sister, I don't know how I missed this post, but I'm so happy I found it. I consider this post one of your top two (along with I Love My Label Maker). I was laughing throughout, starting with Regis and Kelly's names spelled out in carrot sticks! And it doesn't hurt that I love your potatoes and eggs. I'm looking forward to your next post. Thanks for the dose of laughter!

    ReplyDelete