Monday, November 21, 2011

Mother Nature Hit Early This Year

All spring, summer and fall we enjoyed the fresh Herbs growing in the pots on the deck.  I have also been researching how to keep them over the winter, so I don't have to waste what I have left.  I found varying methods, and settled on what I did below.  And I did it just in time.  Nearly a month ago, an unexpected snow storm was heading our way, and I had no time to spare people, no time to spare.  Mother nature was breathing down my neck.
The chives get washed and dried.


Chop them into 1/2 to 1 inch pieces, then place on a cookie sheet and freeze, as is, for 30 minutes.

Place in a resealable bag and freeze for future use.


The parsley also gets washed and dried of course.


Remove the stems.


Lightly chop.


I placed about 2 tablespoons in each of three little bags.


Then I packed them all together and placed in the freezer.


The Rosemary and Thyme simply get washed dried and placed in resealable storage bags.


Then the storm came and I was ready.  I laughed, ha, in the face of Mother Nature.


A bientot!  See you soon.

1 comment:

  1. Sister, you are extremely organized, which I admire. Nice job saving the Herbs for winter. I am a little afraid for you, though, now that you have laughed at Mother Nature! As you know, she doesn't take kindly to that.

    ReplyDelete