Monday, February 20, 2012

Adding to the Family

I am slowly adding to, and updating my kitchen arsenal.  As you have probably gathered from previous posts, I have one counter top that is my main cutting board.  On that, I keep the ingredients I use most often, but they also have to look nice.  ;)

Up until now, that consisted of Kosher salt and EVOO.  The salt has been kept in a beautiful salt keeper from Williams Sonoma.  It was a gift many years ago from Sister N, and I really love it!  And the EVOO was in a glass pour bottle I had picked up at Home Goods.

Now I use a lot of canola oil too.  So I needed another bottle, and while I was at it, I updated the bottle for the EVOO.  There is a great kitchen store in Portland, called Leroux Kitchen, so off we went bottle shopping. 

And of course I got my favorite Christmas present from Sister E.  The Unicorn Magnum Plus! 

Also I am slowly adding some Herbs.  It has been driving me crazy not having the fresh Herbs I had all summer.  So I started with chives, and will move from there to parsley.



Doesn't it just make you feel warm and fuzzy inside?


A bientot!  See you soon.



1 comment:

  1. Sister, what a nice cutting area you have! I love that the items there all have a story. You are making such a nice home up there on the Rocky Coast! You are well equipped for producing even healthier meals for yourself and UD!

    ReplyDelete